Andrew's Character - Daneth Orichar, Atlantean Prince

Moderators: Matt, Andrew

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Andrew's Character - Daneth Orichar, Atlantean Prince

Post by Andrew »

Ok I think I created the character right, but let me know if anything here is wrong.

Name: Daneth Orichar
Race: Atlantean
Archetype: Mage
Attributes:
-Agility: d6 (spent two of the four points from archetype to raise this)
-Smarts: d12 (after bonus from being Atlantean)
-Spirit: d8
-Strength: d4
-Vigor: d4
-Pace: 6
-Parry: 4
-Toughness: 6 (1 from being Atlantean)
-Charisma: -
Skills:
-Fighting: d6 (1 point from archetype spent to raise)
-Investigation: d6
-Knowledge (Arcana): d6
-Notice: d6
-Spellcasting: d10
-Swimming: d6 (from being Atlantean)
-Intimidation: d4 (spent 1 point from archetype to buy)
Hindrances:
-Enemy (major)
-Stubborn (minor)
-Outsider (minor)
Edges:
-Arcane Background (Magic)
-New Power
-Power Points
Magic Powers:
-Royal Scales (armor)
-Thunder of the Waves (burst, sound)
-Mark of Royalty (elemental manipulation)
-Rejuvenating Current (healing)

Appearance: Tall, slim, and with a proud bearing. He wears a speedo made of scales for modesty but prefers to be otherwise unclothed.

Background: I was born rightful heir to the greatest civilization the world has ever known: Atlantis. I was given everything I wanted as I as I grew, made to believe that I was the most important person in the kingdom, perhaps the whole world. Everything I wanted was granted to me, and I became arrogant and stubborn. But Atlantis was recently destroyed and I only narrowly escaped. I knew that many of my people had colonized in the Lost Valley, but the leader of the colony is a usurper and must face judgement. I came here to claim my own, but quickly realized it would take time and unfortunately allies.

Personality: He expects everything to be done for him and given to him. It is obvious that he is nobility and everyone should respect that fact, regardless of race. He may fight when pressed, but he would prefer to allow those of lower bearing to take care of things like that. Unless the foe is truly magnificent, in which case he would be first into the fray.

Notes: I made two of my spells specifically linked to my heritage: the Royal Scales and the Mark of Royalty. I was thinking they are a kind of proof that I am from the line of heirs as only they are given magical training or something like that. I haven't done equipment yet because I didn't know if we were doing the standard $500 or what. All I want is a trident (use spear stats maybe?) and a conch shell that hangs on a golden chain around my neck (which I use to unleash my burst spell).

Also I took the minor Enemy hindrance thinking that it would be the ruler of the colony. Minor because I didn't think we'd run into him all the time, but if you think that should be Major then I'll make Enemy my major hindrance and do Stubborn and Outsider as my minor hindrances. That might actually work better, just let me know what you think.

Lastly, for age, I was wondering about the Atlanteans. Do they live longer, shorter, or the same as humans? If the same then I'd want to be around 20 or something. Young and spoiled.

Thoughts?

UPDATED 10/23/13 - Increased agility instead of vigor. Corrected hindrances.
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Re: Andrew's Character - Daneth Oricha, Atlantean Prince

Post by Andrew »

I always seem to make a battle mage.
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher

Matt
Level 3 Nerdery

Post by Matt »

That's great.

Yeah, let's do the enemy as a major, if that's cool. You're being hunted as well.

The equipment is awesome. As for money, really don't have any. But, if you could reclaim your birthright you'd be incredibly wealthy.

I love it, I really do.
"I find your lack of pants disturbing."

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Post by Andrew »

Awesome! I am going to update the original post with the hindrance changes as well as a couple minor other ones.