Loot Table Discussion

Stuff that we create for the game, like Loot Lists!
Andrew
Supreme Dork

Loot Table Discussion

Post by Andrew » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 pm

So it didn't sound like the idea of having 100+ loot tables (using Triumphs and Destiny Points to increase the roll) was a big hit. So I'm going to make a bunch of loot tables that just use the standard 1-100. But let me know what you guys want to do for Triumphs/Destiny Points. Maybe they still increase by ten? Or if you get one you get to pick from the list? That seems a little overpowered, but just curious what you guys think.
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher

gely
Dice Roller

Re: Loot Table Discussion

Post by gely » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:07 pm

i repeat my opinion ;) use the d100 table, but a triumph lets you choose between -10, 0, and +10
ie roll a 50 with a triumph, you get to choose between 40,50,60

or the triumph means two rolls

not sure what to do with the destiny points...
Noted and promptly ignored.
- Matt

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Re: Loot Table Discussion

Post by Andrew » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:17 am

Another option would be that when you do a search roll (whether it's a person, or compartment of some kind), if you don't roll a Triumph or use a Destiny Point you and the GM just make up what was in there based on your roll. So if you have a success and two threats, for example, maybe you find a crate full of cybernetics parts, but there's been a leak in the box and so many are rusty. If you roll a Triumph, you get to roll on the tables.

We can probably try out several methods with different GMs and see what works the best.
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher