Matt's New Campaign

Miscellaneous items including ideas for characters, stories, or whatever. Just bouncing around stuff.

Moderators: Matt, Andrew

Matt
Level 3 Nerdery

Matt's New Campaign

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Okay, it seems I may be back for a while. So... I wanted to begin a new campaign. Here's the deal:

I want everyone to create ONE character that will ONLY be played when I GM.

Just start with a vague concept for the character because I want to help shape their backgrounds for the campaign.

Combat characters will NOT be allowed. I want to see Armchair Historians, Arrogant Nobles, Brash Pilots, Minor Jedis, other knowledge-based templates, maybe a Smuggler and so on. Query me with any ideas.

I'd like to create a family unit working for the rebellion (brothers and sisters, parents and children). Aliens are welcome but need approval.

Sorry about all the restrictions. I just want to create a different group dynamic.

So basically get an idea about a template you'd like to play and ask me for approval.

My intent is to play hard and fast. I'm going to be tight on giving out skill points and money.
"I find your lack of pants disturbing."

gely
Dice Roller

Re: Matt's New Campaign

Post by gely » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:35 pm

This sounds fun, i would probably want to use my cyborg i created. his story can change for purposes of your campaign but i think his general story concept should stay some what intact if possible.
let me know if that concept fits or if you want a lil different kind of character for your campaing.
Noted and promptly ignored.
- Matt

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Or i would do a failed jedi with emphasis on hide/sneak. since he has been hiding from everything, the empire but more importantly his past wether it be debts he owes or people he has wronged im open for suggestions
- Matt

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

or if my Kid named will gets approved i think that would be fun for him to make friends with someone and since he already has a strong liking for the rebels and a strong hatred for the empire he would want to join in / adopt if the family group is for the rebelion. or something of that nature
- Matt

Seth
Dice Roller

Post by Seth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 am

If it's going to be a kid, then andrew gets to pick its name since he's playing the father. that's how we've been doing it. if you play a character who's like a sibling to the father, then i get to pick, since i'm playing the grandfather (drew's chracter's father). for anything different you'll have to talk with matt for his approval, since it's his campaign and he's running it pretty restricted on characters.
Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the pants.

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

what are the characters so far?
- Matt

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Post by Andrew » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 pm

We've got:

Father: Huff Terris (Me) the smuggler with a ship and a lot of debt.
Twin children: Mitria (Holly) the arrogant noble and Lukin (Clint) the gambler. 20 somethings, glamorous, and get along with only each other.
Youngest son: Kraytor? (Ray) the kid. Grease monkey.
Grandfather (Huff's father): Can't remember name (Seth), old senatorial, apparently corrupt.

Honestly Greg, while I think the Kid/pet idea is cool, I think it's a pretty big modification to split one character into two entities with stats from the same pool. What might make more sense (with GM approval of course) is if Matt let you make two distinct characters, the second being the pet. Yes, you'd get to play two, but that would be something the GM would have to decide is fair or not.

Other than that, I don't think there will be a problem with making a kid character that isn't related to us biologically. We could have picked you up on some random planet we were delivering goods to and the youngest son took a liking to you. You could basically be an adopted son, and would therefore get to pick your own name. Again, that's with GM approval of course, and I'm not the GM. :D
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher

Seth
Dice Roller

Post by Seth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

grandfather's name is Lusan. i think. i don't have the character sheet to verify since matt's keeping all of them. yes, he's corrupt, and sometimes a bit senile. money hungry and somewhat cowardly.
Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the pants.

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

So then how would you suggest doin the kid with pet? I know your not the gm but what would your suggestions be?
- Matt

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Post by Andrew » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Well we do need to wait for Matt, but if it is a possibility you'd just basically create two characters instead of one, each having it's own starting template. You could probably use the Ewok template for the pet. Anyway, it's kind of a long shot since the rest of us are only playing one character. The other option is that you have a pet, and it will do some things for you (provided you have high beast mastery), but you don't actually control it. You can tell it what to do and if it understands you, Matt would play it as an NPC.
“Do not be wary of men who take risks with titles and land; be wary of men with nothing to lose.” Shinsei, the Little Teacher

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:30 am

k, two questions... what planet are we from? and second would anyone want to be my master if i just play the pet?
- Matt

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Post by Andrew » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 am

I can't remember what planet (if any) we said we were from. We probably made it up. Also, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Ray would mind you being his pet. He's a kid, after all, and it'd be pretty fun to play. Again, we should hear from Matt on all this. He's going to have to read it all, haha.

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am

do i know who Ray is? i feel really stupid if i do
- Matt

Andrew
Supreme Dork

Post by Andrew » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm

No, sorry. He hadn't played with this group until last session. He and Matt go way back and used to play back in the day.

gely
Dice Roller

Post by gely » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

ok cool
- Matt

Matt
Level 3 Nerdery

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Greg - I'm sorry but I won't allow the pet idea. Hit me with some other ideas. I'd like to work the character into the campaign better.
"I find your lack of pants disturbing."